This old-fashioned fruit crumble recipe makes 4 servings in roughly 40 minutes. The preparation time is only 10 minutes so it’s a delicious alternative to enjoy for desert instead of a high calorie cheesecake or chocolate cake. Below are the ingredients, preparation and nutrition calculations. Enjoy!
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen fruit, such as blueberries, peaches, plums
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole-wheat or all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, or pecans
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine fruit with granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and orange juice. Divide among four 6-ounce ovenproof ramekins. Combine oats, nuts, brown sugar, the remaining 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Drizzle with oil and stir to blend together. Sprinkle the fruit mixture on top. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Bake until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is a golden brown approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Let stand for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Per serving: 252 calories; 11 g fat ( 1 g sat , 7 g mono ); 0 mg cholesterol; 38 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein;5 g fiber; 1 mg sodium; 179 mg potassium.